Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I'm in Kansas!


Sorry guys, there will be no Daily Outfit photos again until Friday. But don’t worry—I’ve put three posts in the queue (2 more after this one). They will all come out around 2 pm on their respective days. Don’t cry over me too much! : )
Kansas is where I was born, but I don’t really claim any allegiance to it. My family moved from Kansas to Missouri when I was a year old, then to Texas when I was seven. I consider myself a Texan now and have no intention of ever living anywhere else again.
But a tiny piece of my heart lives in Kansas so I’m always glad to return there.
In honor of my birth state, here’s some things that connect fashion and Kansas.
1) An amazing fashion blog that also does the Daily Outfits thing run by a Kansasan.
While her style is more trendy than mine, I love her risk-taking outfits!


(Source: kansascouture.com)
2) The state flower of Kansas is the sunflower. Here is a rocking sunflower dress:



3) Apparently Amelia Earhart (from Atchinson, KS) had a major impact on modern fashion! See the following articles:


4) The Lee Jeans Company is located in Merrian, KS. I’ve already worn one pair of Lee jeans in my Daily Outfit photos and I bet I’ll be wearing more eventually!
Here is the link to Lee’s newest line if you want to take a look:www.lee.com/store/LEE_STORE_US/en_US/category/women/new-arrivals.html




Have a lovely day!! I’ll see you soon, but for now you can bet I’m enjoying the cool Kansas weather. (Cool because 80 feels nice when you’re a Texan used to the 100s!)




No comments:

Post a Comment