Wednesday, August 10, 2011

This is not a classy fashion blog...


I’d like to say it was a coincidence. But I don’t think it was.
This blog, Wear Everything Once, is a product of reading too many fashion blogs. I see those bloggers put together stunning outfits, seemingly effortlessly. And I wanted to do it too. Even the idea of no repeats came from a blog I follow.
Today, 2 days after I started my Daily Outfit blog, one of the fashion blogs that I follow posted a link to whatiwore.tumblr.com run by a woman named Jessica Quirk.
It’s a tumblr that posts a Daily Outfit. Just like me. Hers is much prettier than mine, more fashionable, more well-known. More everything.
I immediately felt like a copycat.
After all, how can my Target and Walmart clothes compare to THAT?
So here it is: I’m not a label whore, I’m not into expensive clothes. This blog is to challenge myself to think outside the box when it comes to my wardrobe. It’s not to gain fame (though I’d love if people followed me of course). It’s for me.
I wear clothes from Walmart and Target. I wear hand-me-downs. I wear things from thrift shops.
This is my real wardrobe.
I have no skills in photography, graphic design, or fashion. I’m an amateur in every sense of the word.
Hope you can accept that.

No comments:

Post a Comment